Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Surprise


I have been praying for a word/dream/something that signifies this next year. The last two days I have read tow different devotionals that both talked about God and Surprises. January isn’t over and it has already lived up to this.

God is a creator, not a replicator. I don’t know why I am surprised when God shows up in ways I don’t expect. It’s what he does.

God is the giver of life. Life is full of surprises. 2013 is going to be full of surprises. I guess every year is full of them. But this is different. I don’t even want to think about how it will be different because I’ll probably be surprised that its not what I think!!

I want it to be different because I am eagerly waiting for how God is going to move, not waiting for how I think he should move. I want it to be different because I wont be upset, angry, shocked that life didn’t go my way. I want it to be different because I will know who God is and believe it in the core of my being. He never acts out of character.

Each and every “surprise” is part of the story he is writing with my life. I am hopeful for 2013. There may be pain and heartache, but I think this is the year of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment