Thursday, June 3, 2010

Becoming Who I Am

I love this phrase. 'Becoming Who We Are' was the title of a sermon series my church did. It has been on my mind a lot recently and I think I am just beginning to grasp what it means. I think the illustration of a husband/wife or mother/father best descibes this process. When you say 'I do', you become a husband/wife, but that is just the beginning. You then spend the rest of your life figuring out what that means. The same is with parents. When that little baby is born, ready or not, you are a mom/dad. In the same way, you spend the rest of your life figuring out what it means to be a parent.

I am a child of God. I am deeply loved. I am forgiven. I am new, the old is gone. I am in Christ. The list could go on. I am already all of these things. But I am just now learning what it means to live it out. I want to be able to sit in these truths, and belive at the core of my being they are true (They have to be. Jesus said so!) and boldly live who God says I am.

I wonder what our churches, neighborhoods, schools and even the world, would look like if we really truly believed that what scriptures says we are, is actually true!

No comments:

Post a Comment