Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Time to Wake Up!

Dreams are a funny thing. Not necessarily dream we have while sleeping, although mine are quite funny and out there, but dreams we have for what our lives will be like.
Ive had this one dream for as long as I can remember. It began when I was in preschool at church. And it has lasted these 20+ years. I will admit, the odds of this dream ever coming true were not in my favor. My senior year at Biola, I had a little glimmer of hope. I thought that this might be my moment to make this dream come true, or at least get the ball rolling again. Maybe not even get the ball rolling, but this glimmer of hope helped me see where the ball was. It was just a mirage. But I held on to the little hope that I had.
Well, last weekend, the dream ended. There is NO possibility of it ever coming true. Truthfully, I never thought it would come true...I don’t think I would ever want it to come true. It was more of a fun little story that I could tell people. The funny thing is, I am kind of sad.
I think about all of the dreams I’ve had over the last 25 years. What dreams have I ignored? What dreams have I foolishly spent too much time and effort thinking about? What dreams have I let pass me by or felt unqualified for in some way? Which ones were of my own efforts of creating the life I wanted?
I want another dream (or even dreams). A God given dream. A dream He has given me, because it is something He has for me or wants me to do. A dream that will become reality because, after all, it isn’t mine, but His.

No comments:

Post a Comment